Cinnamon-Basil Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh spearmint or mint
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, spearmint and cinnamon stick. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the herbs and cinnamon stick from syrup. In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 196 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2013
After receiving mint and cinnamon basil in my CSA box, I turned to google and this recipe was the perfect use for my fresh herbs. The simple syrup combination made the fruit a little too sweet, so I drizzled a very minimal amount on the fruit and it turned out to be a great brunch dish.