Honey-Pecan Kiwi Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine lettuce, kiwi and pecans. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, oil and honey until smooth. Pour over salad and toss; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 94 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 7, 2017
This is a superb salad. Only change I made was to throw in some blueberries. This is a keeper.
Feb 5, 2017
Great Salad for me; however family didn't like it. It's a good thing I didn't use the 5 cups of romaine. I had about 3 cup but used the amount of dressing on it. Perfect. Although I won't be making again for the family, I will take it to Ladies Salad luncheons.
Apr 19, 2013
it is awesome. One of the best salads I had made !
Feb 6, 2011
Quick and easy salad that delivers a very refreshing taste and makes a good presentation. I added some strawberry slices since I had some on hand and this added more color to the salad. I also doubled the dressing ingredients. The dressing is just sweet enough with a slight tang from the lemon juice.