Honey-Dijon Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 pounds small red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free honey-Dijon salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Cube the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar. Add the green pepper, onion, pickles, seasoning blend and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard and egg whites. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
May 23, 2016
This looks so good & am planning on making it tomorrow. Question: should I peel the potatoes or not? The recipe doesn't say too, but they look like they're peeled in the picture. I know it can be done either way but would like to know what is recommended for this particular recipe.
Jun 21, 2015
Thanks for such a great potato salad recipe - huge success in my house.
Jun 4, 2015
ever since this site has added all of the advertising & etc. this site keeps giving me site advisor alerts from McAffee , & takes forever to load, & scroll.. very disturbing
May 17, 2015
My family really enjoyed this potatoe salad. I used green onion instead of one small onion and celery instead of green pepper. I also added one ts of celery seed. I used 3 hard boiled eggs with yolks. Not as healthy as the recipe intended but it sure was tasty. I made this salad with my homemade mayo.Mayo:2 raw egg yolks4ts if lemon juice or white wine vinegar1 tb spicy brown mustards1 cup vegetable oilSalt & pepper to tastePulse first 3 ingredients in food processor while slowly adding vegetable oil. Mayo keeps for up to one week in refrigerator.
Jun 8, 2014
I love the Dijon dressing on this - I always just used plain mustard and this makes it so awesome. Also like the pickles too - great recipe and I always sprinkle dill weed on my potato salad - just a personal favorite
Sep 2, 2012
Excellent and very tasty. Easy to make also.Shared with friends also.....=.)
Aug 11, 2012
I finely found a potato salad recipe I like. Good sharp taste. I used regular mayonnaise and honey mustard dressing, which is what I had on hand. I am going to experiment with different flavored vinegars when I make this again. Loved the pickle flavor.
Jul 28, 2012
Don't like green peppers so I used finely diced celery. Everyone really liked it at our potluck dinner. Will make it again.
Jul 27, 2012
I don't like pickles but liked the pizzazz part so I substituted a jalapeno pepper for the pickles. It was great!
Jul 24, 2012
I'd like to know what would be a good subsitute for pickles? Can you use dill weed?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.