Salad with Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomato, cucumber and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
Feb 26, 2018
I just love this dressing!
Jun 1, 2014
May 23, 2011
This dressing was fantastic! I added feta and raisins to the salad. I also used pomegranate wine vinegar. It was served at two different gatherings lately, and both received several requests for the salad and got lots of rave reviews. It has become a staple in the fridge, and much cheaper to make than buying prepared dressings at the grocery.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.