Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole
I used traditional pizza sauce and toppings in this recipe for years. After becoming a fan of Thai peanut chicken pizza, I decided to use those flavors instead. Serve with stir-fried vegetables or a salad with sesame dressing for an easy, delicious meal. —Katherine Wollgast, Troy, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bottle (11-1/2 ounces) Thai peanut sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms and 1 cup peanut sauce; spread over biscuits. Top with 1 cup cheese, red pepper, carrot and green onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until topping is set, cheese is melted and biscuits have cooked all the way through, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 490 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1013mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Thai Pan Pizza Casserole in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.