Peanut Chicken Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2015
It sounded really good but it was completely tasteless. I tried to spice it up by adding red pepper flakes but I would never make it again.
Mar 30, 2015
This recipe is wonderful...it's so easy to prepare and the flavor is outstanding! My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again.
Jan 20, 2014
Very Yummy, I used half a can of petite tomatoes (small ) instead of plum tomatoes. also put in about 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach last to mix in . great dish over rice.
Nov 22, 2013
Even my teenagers liked this one! I added a red bell pepper & substituted a 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes.
Sep 16, 2013
I made this for my anniversary. It was delicious with pork instead of chicken. Will make again for sure
May 14, 2013
Easy to prepare, and simply delicious. As Lynn-deana suggested, I did add a few red pepper flakes, and used the canned diced tomatoes as suggested by Eilley. My husband loved it!! Even better, less than 400 calories per serving!!
Sep 28, 2009
I made this up tonight! It was a big hit. Added some red pepper flakes for some spice, and added some potatoes & peanuts for texture. YUM!