Peanut Chicken Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh baby carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder; heat through. Serve with rice.
Oct 7, 2015
It sounded really good but it was completely tasteless. I tried to spice it up by adding red pepper flakes but I would never make it again.
Mar 30, 2015
This recipe is wonderful...it's so easy to prepare and the flavor is outstanding! My husband and I really enjoyed it and I will definitely make it again.
Jan 20, 2014
Very Yummy, I used half a can of petite tomatoes (small ) instead of plum tomatoes. also put in about 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach last to mix in . great dish over rice.
Nov 22, 2013
Even my teenagers liked this one! I added a red bell pepper & substituted a 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes for the fresh plum tomatoes.
Sep 16, 2013
I made this for my anniversary. It was delicious with pork instead of chicken. Will make again for sure
May 14, 2013
Easy to prepare, and simply delicious. As Lynn-deana suggested, I did add a few red pepper flakes, and used the canned diced tomatoes as suggested by Eilley. My husband loved it!! Even better, less than 400 calories per serving!!
Sep 28, 2009
I made this up tonight! It was a big hit. Added some red pepper flakes for some spice, and added some potatoes & peanuts for texture. YUM!