Thai Chicken Pasta Skillet
This gorgeous Bangkok-style pasta has been a faithful standby for many years and always gets loads of praise. For a potluck, we increase it and do it ahead. —Susan Ten Pas, Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut diagonally into thin strips
- 2 cups julienned carrots (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced diagonally
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add snap peas and carrots; stir-fry 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken, peanut sauce and spaghetti; heat through, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with cucumber and, if desired, cilantro.
Health Tip: Fruits are typically associated with the antioxidant vitamin C, but sugar snap peas are an excellent source as well.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 403 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Thai Peanut Pasta in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.