Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add the chicken; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broccoli; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2016
My husband and I both love peanut butter, but we found this sauce to be too strong, and the broccoli didn't seem to meld well with the sauce. If I ever made this recipe again, I would definitely omit the broccoli. I sprinkled peanuts over the stir fry and that added to the flavour.
Sep 25, 2014
I've made this recipe several times. The only difference I make is that I use sesame seed oil instead of canola oil. This gives it a more distinct oriental flavor.
Oct 27, 2011
Great for when you're tired of regular stir-fry, but need something quick to make. Kids loved it as is, husband and I added red pepper flakes to ours.
Aug 2, 2011
A new family favorite! But we all thought it would suit our tastes even better if we added a little heat...next time I'll add a little crushed red pepper.
May 2, 2011
My family LOVES this dish!!! The peanut sauce really adds a nice touch.
Mar 30, 2011
VERY yummy! You will want to double the recipe!
Mar 20, 2011
This dish has become a household favorite. Every time I'm looking for dinner ideas, this is the first thing he requests. I love the short list of ingredients and it's quick and easy to make.
Mar 1, 2010
This has become a family favorite in our house, all 5 of my kids & my husband adore this meal for dinner. I do add a bit more peanut butter & make a double batch as the leftovers are just as good- I store in ziplocks & keep seperated! this is definitely worth trying, & very filling as well. yummm
Feb 23, 2010
my hubby and i love it so much we make alot