Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, peanut butter, soy sauce and brown sugar until smooth; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add the chicken; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broccoli; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is smooth and broccoli is crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 19, 2016
My husband and I both love peanut butter, but we found this sauce to be too strong, and the broccoli didn't seem to meld well with the sauce. If I ever made this recipe again, I would definitely omit the broccoli. I sprinkled peanuts over the stir fry and that added to the flavour.
Sep 25, 2014
I've made this recipe several times. The only difference I make is that I use sesame seed oil instead of canola oil. This gives it a more distinct oriental flavor.
Oct 27, 2011
Great for when you're tired of regular stir-fry, but need something quick to make. Kids loved it as is, husband and I added red pepper flakes to ours.
Aug 2, 2011
A new family favorite! But we all thought it would suit our tastes even better if we added a little heat...next time I'll add a little crushed red pepper.
May 2, 2011
My family LOVES this dish!!! The peanut sauce really adds a nice touch.
Mar 30, 2011
VERY yummy! You will want to double the recipe!
Mar 20, 2011
This dish has become a household favorite. Every time I'm looking for dinner ideas, this is the first thing he requests. I love the short list of ingredients and it's quick and easy to make.
Mar 1, 2010
This has become a family favorite in our house, all 5 of my kids & my husband adore this meal for dinner. I do add a bit more peanut butter & make a double batch as the leftovers are just as good- I store in ziplocks & keep seperated! this is definitely worth trying, & very filling as well. yummm
Feb 23, 2010
my hubby and i love it so much we make alot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.