Thai Pasta with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat linguine
- 1 jar (11-1/2 ounces) Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain; return to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut sauce and lime juice. Add peanut sauce mixture, vegetables and cilantro to pan; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 410 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 8g fiber), 14g protein.
May 4, 2015
My husband and I enjoyed this dish, and it was fairly easy to make. I don't have a mandolin, so had to julienne the carrots and red pepper by hand. I may try to find a recipe for homemade peanut sauce, as I wasn't thrilled that the 2nd ingredient in the sauce I used was sugar. (the first ingredient being water). Still, for a quick meal, this wasn't bad.
Apr 3, 2014
Yummy and super easy to make. It was spicier than I thought it would be, but when I ate it for leftovers the next day, it wasn't as spicy. I loved all the vegetables and the fact that it's meatless!