Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken, carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with spaghetti. Top with peanuts and green onions.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup spaghetti: 475 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2019
I did use leftover cooked chicken for this dish instead of ground chicken, but the sauce for this dish is amazing. It was a home run for me, my husband, and my grandmother-in-law, and we all have very different tastes when it comes to food. The sauce came out very velvety and flavorful, and the vegetables provided a perfect sweetness and crunch. I will definitely make this again!
Jun 15, 2018
It's good. I've made it twice as printed. The last time I used 2 c. rotisserie chicken and Gochujang paste instead of hot sauce and crushed pepper. I should have read the reviews before making this time as I would have made more sauce.
Feb 3, 2018
If I could give it a zero star, I would have. Any Thai recipe would have a balance of sweet, salty and sour. This is missing sweet and it is very salty as written. I made the recipe as is and all I could taste was sour and salt. Has to adjust by adding more water and homey to balance out the flavors. Not a good recipe.
Nov 8, 2017
Great, easy dinner
Jul 25, 2017
May 26, 2017
The recipe written as is left something to desire. It was ok, but we found it to be dry.
Jun 8, 2016
I added water chestnut, bamboo shoots and broccoli. Awesome! !
May 23, 2016
Very good, we doubled sauce and used fresh noodles.
Feb 12, 2016
We had this for dinner tonight. Was so good. I did use rice noodles instead of pasta and used chicken breast instead of ground meat.. I also doubled the sauce as other suggested. Used sambal oelek instead of sriracha sauce but did not double this in sauce. Gave the dish a nice background heat. The whole family enjoyed will absolutely make again!
Feb 8, 2016
I made this tonight for dinner. It is definitely a keeper. I too added the sweet chile sauce and the red pepper flakes. I like mine more spicy than my husband, so I added some bottled peanut sauce. It was just perfect. I also added zucchini and yellow squash and diced the chicken breast. I probably used 1/2 the amount of spaghetti called for. It was just perfect and we might have enough for leftovers.