Pork & Vegetable Spring Rolls
I thought rice paper wrappers would be a quick, fun way to put salad ingredients into a hand-held snack or meal. I also make this with shrimp or add in cranberries. Go ahead, experiment! —Marla Strader, Ozark, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 round rice paper wrappers (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup wasabi-coated green peas
- Sesame ginger salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
- Fill a large shallow dish partway with water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into water just until pliable, about 45 seconds (do not soften completely); allow excess water to drip off.
- Place wrapper on a flat surface. Layer salad mixture, almonds and peas across bottom third of wrapper. Fold in both ends of wrapper; fold bottom side over filling, then roll up tightly. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing.