Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 20 min.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. For altitudes up to 3,000 feet, add 5 minutes; 6,000 feet, add 10 minutes; 8,000 feet, add 15 minutes; 10,000 feet, add 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Apr 4, 2017
Made this for my sauce to dip egg rolls in!!! So good!!! I also cut the recipe down to 1/3. And I can't wait to try this on a salad! Yumm!
May 19, 2015
I made a third of this recipe to use with our "Homemade Chinese" takeout-style dinner. Besides using it with egg rolls and crab rangoons, we put dabs on our sliced pork. It is also good stirred into a vegetable stir-fry...bean sprouts, onions, tri-color peppers, scallions, etc. It's a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.