Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the water, peanut butter, sugar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce and salt.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 80 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 8, 2017
I cut the soy down to a teaspoon and loved it. Delicious on cold noodles.
Feb 2, 2012
Omit the soy! I don't know if my tastebuds are off or what, but I was skeptical about 2 tablespoons of soy, and so I added just 1. Even that was much, much too strong and I thought ruined and overpowered all the other really nice flavors. So I kept adding peanut butter and sugar to counteract it. The sauce was delicious before I put in any soy. Of course, I was tasting it on a spoon and not on any food which would spread out the flavor a little. But I will make it again, probably with no soy at all.
Jan 18, 2012
Very easy to make and I received many compliments and positive comments on this sauce. I served it with Satay.
Sep 29, 2010
I love this sauce, I mix it with noodles and put spicy beef or pork strips over it and it is a huge family favorite.
Jul 27, 2010
Good with chicken satay--also as a dip with cumcumber slices and falafel chips. Will definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.