Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce
I developed this thick and creamy sauce in an attempt to re-create a peanut butter topping we had at a restaurant. Served over any kind of ice cream, it's to die for! —Mary Long, Amherst, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Nutrageous candy bar (3.4 ounces), finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in candy. Transfer to jars. Cover and store in a cool dark place for up to 4 weeks.
- To serve, cook and stir in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 173 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.