Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1-1/2-2 hours. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 348 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2018
I have made this cake twice so far. Both times I baked it in a regular oven since I do not have a crockpot that small. A double batch works fine in a 8 or 9 inch square pan. I baked the cake about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on what size pan I used. It is delicious and be sure to let the cake stand for 10 to 15 minutes before digging in. Spoon some of the sauce over the cake and enjoy.
Apr 20, 2017
absolutely horrible. It smelled & tasted very odd.
Feb 4, 2017
Very good recipe, it worked well and the kids loved it. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter taste but that's me, maybe I will add some more PB next time. Whipped cream because we didn't have icecream, very good!
Feb 23, 2016
This was a delicious cake and so easy. Never made any cakes in a crock pot but this was very good.
Nov 16, 2014
I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again.
Jan 4, 2014
This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!
Jul 20, 2013
Wonderful! Made it 2x now. Once the way the recipe says and once chocolate version. I used nutella in place of the peanut butter and served that version with mint chocolate chip ice cream. very good :)
Aug 6, 2012
I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?
Mar 9, 2012
Very disappointing, odd flavor. No one in my adult family liked it and we all "love" dessert. Was a waste of time and ingredients. I'll stick to the original hot fudge cake recipe.
Nov 23, 2011
This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy