Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small saucepan, combine water and butter; bring just to a boil. Stir in peanut butter and oil until blended. Stir into flour mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until blended; add to flour mixture, whisking constantly.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter, marshmallows and vanilla until blended. Spoon over warm cake, spreading evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 266 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 20, 2018
Love it. Easy to make with ingredients you probably have. I did make 2 of the glaze receipts. So good!
Oct 8, 2017
Got alot of compliments. Did use a 17 x 12 pan from previous posts, thinking pan wasn't big enough. Icing didn't cover the whole cake- doubled it. As long you like icing, go for it. It is a good cake to make!
Jun 26, 2017
Moist with lots of peanut butter flavor. My husband especially likes it after a few days because the glaze infuses the cake.
Feb 12, 2017
Made this cake a couple of nights ago when I had company for supper. It was a hit and well liked. Cake is very moist. I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top of the glaze. Another time, I will add some chocolate chips to the cake batter. My only complaint is that a 15 X 10 pan is barely big enough. Next time I will use a slightly larger pan.
Oct 28, 2015
I had the request to make this after a local bakery stopped making it for my friend. The results were fantastic!I made it several times and for me it worked to double the glaze recipe and increase the marshmallows to double- this makes the glaze thicker. To make a larger size, 1 & 1/2 the recipe to make it big enough for a "Full Sheet" pan from GFS.The cake is super moist- just be sure to mix it in the right order- this order is so important to create the lightness in the cake and don't cover it until it is fully cooled to avoid sweating.Even 3 days later the cake was still moist and well received by my guests, those who sampled the test batches and turned out better than the bakery according to my friend. I even added it to my baking line!
Nov 24, 2014
I made this for my husband's poker night with the guys and it was a hit. They kept comparing it to a Reese's peanut butter cup. I did add 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips along with the peanut butter and marshmallow cream to the icing.field editor
Oct 14, 2014
I used smooth peanut butter as suggested by other reviews and it was ABSOLUTELY delish. I used a different glaze as I did not have marshmallows and added 2 T. peanut butter to the frosting/glaze. My daughter's 16 year old boyfriend requested the recipe for his mom so she could make it for him. This is a keeper.
May 20, 2012
Cake recipe seemed easy enough. Made the frosting & was extremely disappointed! Have been baking for 40 years & have never been so dissatisfied with a recipe! Where do some of you get these awful recipes???
Jan 26, 2012
We're not big fans of peanut butter desserts. I made this in a regular 9x13 pan with smoothe peanut butter- it was moist and very tasty.
Sep 10, 2011
My family absolutely loves this cake. I make it at least monthly for our farm crew. I do prefer to make the icing with smooth peanut butter though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.