Banana-Pecan Sheet Cake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas, mixing well (mixture will appear curdled).
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 267 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
One star Cuz I cannot give no stars. Awful...do not make this. Make a bisquick banana bread with pecans if you want this, the bisquick is beter....this has nothing to do with cake whatsoever. Dry...amazing with a stick of butter and the amount of sugar! It'll be eaten but never again made.
Sep 12, 2016
My husband loved this recipe! I will definitely be making this again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.