Fudgy Brownies with Peanut Butter Pudding Frosting
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, peanut butter, milk and pudding mix until smooth. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Frost with chocolate fudge frosting just before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 236 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 28, 2018
Chocolate and peanut butter, what's not to love! The recipe is so easy to make since it starts with a brownie mix and ends with a can of frosting.
Dec 23, 2015
Nov 29, 2015
These were really good but the top layer of chocolate is to sweet. The peanut butter middle layer makes a great topping to the brownies all by itself.
Nov 23, 2015
I've made these several times when I have volunteered to supply refreshments for clubs. They never fail to get rave reviews. Instead of using canned frosting, I top the bars with a mixture of 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3 to 4 T vegetable oil heated over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread this over the peanut butter layer then chill until top layer is set. Allow to warm at room temperature briefly before cutting into serving size pieces.
Sep 2, 2015
Made these bars for a housewarming party, they were very rich but went over very well. I wish I had doubled the peanut butter layer, made a very thin layer. Would make these again!
Jul 13, 2015
Apr 4, 2015
I made homemade brownies and homemade frosting, but added this peanut butter frosting in between. Awesome flavor!! I will double the frosting next time as the level of peanut butter frosting was pretty sparse. Delicious!
Nov 13, 2014
These are soooo good I did not frost them I used a chocolate pudding mix and used a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of peanut butter. I also put chucks of chocolate in the brownies for extra chocolate. took them to Bible study and everyone raved about them. I will make again. Oh I used a dark chocolate brownie mix . Oh sooo Good
Jan 19, 2014
my daughter said best dessert I ever made
Dec 29, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.