Maple Butterscotch Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and walnuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 27-32 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 216 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2015
Delicious and not overly sweet
Oct 9, 2013
These are scrumptious! I didn't/wouldn't change a thing. Moist, delicious, simple and quick. Just perfect.
Jan 24, 2012
These brownies are definitely a winner at our house and everyone I've made them really enjoys them. You can find Maple Flavoring at Whole Foods Market. I double the recipe & bake in a large cookie sheet with parchment paper on the bottom.
Mar 12, 2011
I will probably make this again, but as a cake instead of brownies. It would be really good with caramel frosting, but it is way too cakey for my taste by itself.
Oct 2, 2010
I entered these in our local county fair and took home third place. I was excited, this was the first time I had ever enter the food section. I was the only guy who entered but there were several entries in this category. I think if the judges had tasted them I might have taken home first. I will be making these again!
Nov 24, 2009
I would also like to know if I could use real maple syrup...
Nov 24, 2009
Question! Could I substitute real maple syrup? If so, how much?
Jul 8, 2009
I saw this receipe yesterday and made it last night. I loved it. My husband thought it could use more maple flavoring, so the next time I make it, and I will make it again, I will add a little more maple flavoring.