Maple Butterscotch Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture and walnuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 27-32 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Jun 11, 2015
Delicious and not overly sweet
Oct 9, 2013
These are scrumptious! I didn't/wouldn't change a thing. Moist, delicious, simple and quick. Just perfect.
Jan 24, 2012
These brownies are definitely a winner at our house and everyone I've made them really enjoys them. You can find Maple Flavoring at Whole Foods Market. I double the recipe & bake in a large cookie sheet with parchment paper on the bottom.
Mar 12, 2011
I will probably make this again, but as a cake instead of brownies. It would be really good with caramel frosting, but it is way too cakey for my taste by itself.
Oct 2, 2010
I entered these in our local county fair and took home third place. I was excited, this was the first time I had ever enter the food section. I was the only guy who entered but there were several entries in this category. I think if the judges had tasted them I might have taken home first. I will be making these again!
Nov 24, 2009
I would also like to know if I could use real maple syrup...
Nov 24, 2009
Question! Could I substitute real maple syrup? If so, how much?
Jul 8, 2009
I saw this receipe yesterday and made it last night. I loved it. My husband thought it could use more maple flavoring, so the next time I make it, and I will make it again, I will add a little more maple flavoring.