Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cut butter into flour; stir in the finely chopped walnuts. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with coarsely chopped walnuts. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
May 9, 2016
Love the desert although I use one box Butterscotch and one Vanilla instant pudding, as two butterscotch seemed a little over bearing in flavor for our family. Have passed this recipe on to many friends and family members. Definitely a FIVE STAR desert......
Jan 31, 2014
I came across this recipe years ago from one of my taste of home magazines and has become one of my main dessert recipes for almost all holidays , especially Easter. With so much to prepare for holiday meals, I forgot to make it one time and boy did my 11 year old grandson let me know about it! He was so looking forward to it. I made it the next day and took it to him.
Nov 12, 2013
This is a dessert that my mom used to make every Thanksgiving. I had lost the recipe and now I have it again. It will be just like Mom is still here.
Sep 17, 2013
I used a gluten free crust from a similar recipe so I could make the dessert gluten free. I have made this with chocolate or lemon instant pudding for years, but had not tried butterscotch before. It is really good with the butterscotch pudding! It got rave reviews at a church potluck!
May 21, 2012
This went over well on my dessert buffet.
Aug 22, 2008
My sister & I used to make this using chocolate pudding in place of the butterscotch. Never any leftovers! Also, if you're in a hurry & don't have time to make the crust, this works really well with two pre-made graham cracker crusts
Jul 5, 2008
i've haven't tried this recipie yet, but i certainly will. it looks delicous. my grandmother made something like this and i have been wanting the recipie. i love taste of home. ;-)