Butterscotch Chocolate Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 12 holes in warm cake. Pour butterscotch topping over cake; cool completely.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2014
I have made this many times and it is always a hit! Very delicious and moist, a very good make ahead dessert
Jan 19, 2014
cuple months back, I finded this resipe and I jess thot that foto was so apatizin that I had to try it my selfs! It turned out wonderness, but wonse I finished this cace, I just done realized I didn't have scotch with me! So I just had to pore the butter down them holes in the cake, and I smeered some marchmalloe fluffie on the top, and adde a cuple gummy worms, and it was wonderness! I macke the nuw verzon I made up regularly now!
Jul 27, 2013
I've been making this for years and my family loves it. It's really best if it's made the night before. So good!
Mar 5, 2012
Made this recipe and everybody loved it! Definitely will make this again.
Jan 30, 2012
Always a hit whenever I make it!
Oct 10, 2011
One of my favorite cake to make! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!!
Oct 14, 2010
great cake, so easy. I used snickers instead of butterfingers, but everyone loved it!!
Aug 16, 2010
I absolutely love this recipe. I alternate white and chocolate cake, my customers have fallen in love with it as well!!
May 18, 2010
I have made this several times and everybody loves it!
Mar 4, 2010
I made this for my moms birthday and it was a HUGE hit!! Everyone loved it and best of all is that it was easy to make.