Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
It was so fun to experiment with this brownie recipe. When my daughter tasted the final version, she said, "These are the best brownies ever!" Now that sure makes a mom feel good. —Dion Frischer, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.+ cooling
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- CHOCOLATE CHIP LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil.
- In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. Add flour; stir just until combined. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for chocolate chip layer, melt butter in another microwave-safe bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Whisk in egg. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture over hot brownie layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 536 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.