- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
1 brownie: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.