Very Chocolate Chip Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla; stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 179 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 18, 2019
Very fudgy chocolaty good!!
May 11, 2018
Very good fudge brownies! I cut the recipe in half and bake it in a 8" pan, and they still turned out awesome. We will be making these again.
Feb 27, 2017
Love these brownies
Sep 20, 2015
Very moist, decadent with chocolate....absolutely the BEST brownies I have ever made!
May 15, 2015
These are simply spectacular! They came out huge, thick, chewy and chocalatey! Have made them three times so far, and they're definitely worth the extra work and dishes.
Jan 24, 2015
I made these yesterday. My husband loved them, and so do I! These are definitely a keeper for sure! I'll be making these for sure in the future for a church potluck!!
Apr 29, 2014
Everybody loved this one! We have LOTS of brownie recipes in this household and this recipe held its own! My son even copied down the recipe! We love the extra chocolate chips in the brownie!
Apr 8, 2014
These are simply the best brownies ever! They are a hit anywhere I bring them.
Oct 7, 2013
If you are looking for a REALLY delicious cure for your chocolate craving THIS IS IT!!! These are by far the best brownies EVER! They always get rave reviews. They are oh-soooo chocolaty, moist and gooey. Yummy!
Feb 3, 2013
This was really easy. It tasted effortless- really simple, homemade chocolate-y goodness. Easy to make on a school night too! Will certainly make again! :)