Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar until blended. Whisk in extracts and eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour mixture. Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Beat together filling ingredients until blended; spoon over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over top. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake until filling is set, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 21, 2018
I made these for a get together with friends... They were delicious, however, I had to bake them for 50 minutes before they were done... It makes me nervous when I have to bake things much longer than directed, but they turned out great and were not dry at all.
May 9, 2017
Everytime I make these they don't last long!
Apr 24, 2014
I made the following changes: doubled the recipe, using a 9"x13" pan and baking for an additional 10 minutes or so, used a full 8-oz. brick of cream cheese, and substituted bittersweet chocolate for the German's sweet because that was all I had on hand. Really excellent!
Dec 21, 2013
This was horrible, barely edible. I should have known that 3 oz of cream cheese was not enough. It mixed all together while cooking making the brownies a light brown color. I think they meant 8 oz of cream cheese
Feb 10, 2013
I used semi sweet chocolate because that's what I had. These taste very moist and really hit the brownie flavor but I was semi disappointed there wasn't more cream cheese flavor but very good, I would make them again.
Jan 23, 2013
These brownies are delicious. I did have to bake longer (7 min) and after cooling I had to put the center few (about 5) in the microwave. Great flavor, otherwise.
Jun 29, 2012
I made this for the guys in our dorm (18 of them), and they ask for it all the time. Best brownie ever!
Dec 15, 2011
Very delicious and watch out for calories.
Mar 20, 2011
These have to be THE best brownies I've ever made!! My kids loved them and so did I....I didn't want to share them :)
Dec 4, 2010
I've been making cream cheese brownies for a long time (and always looking for a better recipe) but this has to be the absolute best recipe I have EVER made! My search has come to an end, this will me my signature cream cheese brownie recipe from now on.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.