Cookies & Cream Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; set aside. For brownie layer, combine the butter, sugars and cocoa in a large bowl. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to cocoa mixture. Stir in crushed cookie crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped cookies. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 159 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2016
Sep 7, 2014
I switched regular Oreos for the mint variety. Thought the family would go crazy for this recipe. Flavor was just so-so and while deep in chocolate flavor the the base, overall was not a favorite. Love the concept though and it's certainly a visually appealing recipe.
Sep 3, 2012
I've made these before & they're scrumptious! Thank you, Darlene, for sharing your tried & true recipes from TOH!
Oct 18, 2011
These are moist and delicious and not sickie sweet! My family and I love these. These brownies are amazing!
May 21, 2010
I wish that "maybe" were a choice for the question. I might make these again, I'm not sure. The batter for the brownie part was fluffy which seemed strange to me. I didn't add the sandwich cookies because I forgot to pick some up at the store. I added mint extract instead of the vanilla to the top layer. The top layer made it very hard to tell when the brownies were done. I had to use an 8x8 pan because I don't own an 11x7 one. I thought using a bigger one wouldn't work well making them too thin. I just found them ok tasting. The brownie part is kinda blah and I'd prefer the top layer to be sweeter than it is.
Apr 19, 2010
I made these for a party I attended. They were a big hit.
Oct 19, 2009
These brownies were delicious. The cream cheese topping that you swirl into the chocolate part really makes them moist and yummy!
May 3, 2008
I had a box of Girl Scout Thin Mints & substituted 24 of them for the 12 sandwich cookies. They were at hit with my co-workers.