Strawberry Cream Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 139 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 31, 2017
These cookies are the best and so easy. I’ve used all kinds of fillings based off my favorite cheesecakes: Nutella, pumpkin, other jams but my favorite is frozen blueberries. Just squish a few on top for an even easier version, no need for all the hole making.
Oct 12, 2016
Very easy to make and tasty.
Nov 15, 2015
These are great cookies and one if my son's favorites. If I didn't make them every Christmas, I would be in trouble!
Oct 27, 2014
These are a family favorite. I make them throughout the year and switch fillings. Plum jam, apricot jam, tart cherry and even fig. All delicious and they freeze and ship well.
Sep 30, 2014
Made these for a Christmas cookie swap. They're now a favorite that I make year round.
Apr 9, 2013
Excellent! Easy prep - and the taste can't be beat. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 3, 2012
One of my top 3 favorite cookies ever both in taste and ease of prep. Put the jelly in a plastic bag snip if the corner and pipe in...makes it so much easier!!
Dec 15, 2011
Quick and easy to make and tastes great!!
Nov 15, 2011
I ran across this recipe and decided to give it a try. That was two years ago. Everyone loves them and requests the recipe. I have even changed up the type of jelly.
Oct 28, 2011
These cookies taste like a cheesecake tart! Always very popular and make every holiday!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.