Cream Cheese Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 20, 2015
I love this recipe. It won best of show at state fair. I like to add coconut to the cream cheese mix for added flavor. Very easy to put together.
Sep 21, 2013
Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly.
Dec 20, 2012
I made these today to add to an assorted cookie platter for Christmas. I used a dark chocolate hot cocoa mix and felt it gave it more flavor. Beautiful, moist and tasty - the kids and hubby went nuts over them. Well definitely make again.
May 27, 2010
I added some cocoa to the brownie batter, needed some extra chocolate flavoring for my taste, I might add some chocolate chips to the batter next time. Nice moist texture, good recipe.
May 26, 2010
these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe.
Jan 5, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.