Cream Cheese Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cocoa mix and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts and mix well.
- Pour half into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2015
I love this recipe. It won best of show at state fair. I like to add coconut to the cream cheese mix for added flavor. Very easy to put together.
Sep 21, 2013
Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly.
Dec 20, 2012
I made these today to add to an assorted cookie platter for Christmas. I used a dark chocolate hot cocoa mix and felt it gave it more flavor. Beautiful, moist and tasty - the kids and hubby went nuts over them. Well definitely make again.
May 27, 2010
I added some cocoa to the brownie batter, needed some extra chocolate flavoring for my taste, I might add some chocolate chips to the batter next time. Nice moist texture, good recipe.
May 26, 2010
these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe.
Jan 5, 2009