Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg whites, one at a time. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix glaze ingredients; spread over brownies. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 180 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 26, 2017
These came out very moist and the icing added that touch that they were missing. I made these with gluten free flour as well without any adjustments. I was very happy with the result. We topped these with raspberries and a chocolate drizzle.
Jul 6, 2012
Great lower fat/cal brownie. Love the icing and the sprinkles add a s[ecial treat for the kids for the holidays (use different holiday themed sprinkles).
Jan 22, 2011
The brownies were not fudge like at all, they are very dry, almost like cake