Double Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the brownie mix, oil, water and eggs on medium speed in a large bowl until blended; stir in chips and walnuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine condensed milk and coconut in a small bowl; spread over top. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place frosting ingredients in a small bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 285 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
These were too rich for me and they are a lot of work.
Jun 1, 2017
These are great! After reading the reviews I did sprinkle the coconut on then poured the condensed milk over top, and it came out perfectly - no mess. I would however try to line the pan next time as I had a devil of a time getting them out! But great recipe as is!!
May 14, 2017
These brownies are yummy. As previous poster stated, spreading the coconut mixture on the partially baked brownies is almost impossible. Next time will try sprinkling coconut on first, then drizzling condensed milk over that and spreading it. Or, spreading condensed milk on brownies and sprinkling coconut over milk.
Jan 4, 2017
I liked these brownies. They were really, really sweet! Like pure sugar. Beware when spreading the coconut mix onto the partially baked brownies. Since the brownies aren't set, and the coconut mix is so thick, it's kind of impossible to spread it on. I had to pick up globs of the coconut and try to distribute it throughout the brownies, since it just sank right down into the batter.
Jun 1, 2014
This recipe is great and I know I'll be using this as an alternative to my other brownie recipes! I have a GOOD # of brownie recipes FROM TOH & the companion magazines which are GREAT-it's hard to choose! delowenstein
Jul 6, 2013
I need feed back, loved this receipe but those bake times were way off. After the first 20 minutes the muddle was too soupy to put coconut on. Anyone have correct times?
Jun 7, 2013
These are wonderful!
Apr 19, 2013
Rich, sweet, and delicious. I don't like coconut, so I omitted that, and its still yummy. The only problem is the sweetened condensed milk sticks to the pan.
Mar 18, 2013
These were so good. I made them with our school's bake sale in mind and most of them didn't make it there.