Chocolate-Glazed Doughnut Cookies
My little nieces love to help decorate these doughnut-shaped cookies. They top them with sprinkles, chopped pecans or crushed candy canes. —Jolie Stinson, Marion, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + standing
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Sprinkles and chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. doughnut-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream, corn syrup and vanilla. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate; whisk until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. Decorate as desired with sprinkles and chopped nuts. Let stand 30 minutes or until set.
- Freeze option: Place wrapped disks in resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw disks in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare, bake and decorate cookies as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 411 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.