A great portable treat, brownies get an extra-special rich flavor butter-scotch chips and marshmallows in this recipe from Lois Culberson of Shelbyville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and butterscotch mixture. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butterscotch mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a well-greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Butterscotch Brownies in Country Discoveries November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.