Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butterscotch mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to batter and beat until mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2017
These brownies were very fudgy, but nothing too special.
Apr 1, 2014
I recall preparing these brownies and I substituted peanut butter chips for butterscotch chips! I've omitted the nuts since nuts are a food which a number of people are either sensitive to or else don't care for. In fact, I've put this recipe to use from time to time! I greased and floured my baking pan! Thank you, Renee Schwebach for this recipe! It's been a keeper for me! I enjoy different varieties of brownie recipes to prepare! delowenstein
Jul 12, 2012
Yummy! The butterscotch flavor is mild and the marshmallows add a nice gooeyness.
Jul 8, 2011
The marshmallows are supposed to melt in these brownies, not stay whole. They are what give the brownies a different texture than regular brownies. They are kind of difficult to get out of the pan without making a mess, but I think they're worth it!
Sep 28, 2010
Very good! The melted marshmallows gives them a bit of a fluffy (for lack of a better word) texture on the top, yet they're gooey and not cakey.
May 18, 2010
I love the taste they are AWESOME! However, difficult to tell when they are done baking. I took them out after the 25 min worried about over baking them. Then let them cool and tried one and it was like dough so I put them back in for about 10 min and they were good. I love them! Thank you for the recipe! They are very easy to make too!
Mar 21, 2010
Not good. All the marshmallows melt. :(
Jan 31, 2010
They are very yummy, but they took 45 min. to bake, not the 30 the recipe said. Plus they are very hard to get out of the pan. I may try them again and use parchment paper to line the pan. If they are still that hard to get out, I may not make them again.
Nov 15, 2009
To die for! I left out the nuts.~ Theresa
Jan 14, 2009
These are fantastic. For a "blond" type brownie, they're about the best.