Blond Butterscotch Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and chopped candy bars; press gently into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 218 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 5, 2017
This came out so strange with a very unexpected taste. Very dense and like a cookie, not at all like a brownie. Although I made no errors while baking, the edge and top was almost burnt while the middle was underdone. I am not sure what went wrong here, but I know I will not be making this again. Very disappointing.
Dec 28, 2015
One of my favorites
Jun 2, 2015
I made these for a family party & everyone loved them! I used 3/4 cup pre-crushed Heath bits, and substituted semisweet chocolate morsels for the chunks (because that's what I had on hand). They baked 18 minutes and were done. Excellent recipe -- a keeper!
Jun 1, 2014
I may have cooked them too long as the edges were a bit crunchy.. upgraded this to 5 stars, as I think they actually got better the next day!... Delicious!
May 31, 2014
Apr 25, 2014
I love blond brownies and these sound so good! We are not Heath bar fans is there another candy bar to substitute? Would it be too much chocolate to use a Hershey bar?
Apr 20, 2013
Apr 14, 2013
Used milk chocolate chips instead of chunks of chocolate and this was fantastic. I will be making these to take camping all summer long!
Mar 30, 2013
My hubby loved 'em!
Jan 29, 2013
Not sure if I did it wrong, it came out like cookie dough. It was good, sure, but it felt wrong...also I rolled it out in a cookie sheet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.