Peanut Butter Brownie Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine eggs, butter, vanilla and brownie mix. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 25, 2017
I love this recipe but only gave it four starts since I feel the cooking time is off. Baked it for 30 minutes and it was still pretty raw in the middle. Added another 10 minutes, tested with a toothpick and they came out perfect. Very rich and the peanut butter flavour comes through great. This will make a great gift.
Dec 2, 2015
I made this and it went like crazy fast. Nothing went to waste. But, I was wondering if this would be easy to ship? My son is in the Army and can't make it home this year. Thank-you. Ok, I shipped it out to my son and he said that he made it and they came out great. I also made 6 more of these and passed them out as gifts to friends. I put red ribbon around the top and printed the recipe on Christmas printing paper, and then wrapped the paper like a scroll with ribbon.
Sep 1, 2015
My church did these to raise funds for our outreach program, we sold out! If doing this don't forget the cost of the jar.