Peanut Butter Brownie Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 1-qt. glass container, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine eggs, butter, vanilla and brownie mix. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 25, 2017
I love this recipe but only gave it four starts since I feel the cooking time is off. Baked it for 30 minutes and it was still pretty raw in the middle. Added another 10 minutes, tested with a toothpick and they came out perfect. Very rich and the peanut butter flavour comes through great. This will make a great gift.
Dec 2, 2015
I made this and it went like crazy fast. Nothing went to waste. But, I was wondering if this would be easy to ship? My son is in the Army and can't make it home this year. Thank-you. Ok, I shipped it out to my son and he said that he made it and they came out great. I also made 6 more of these and passed them out as gifts to friends. I put red ribbon around the top and printed the recipe on Christmas printing paper, and then wrapped the paper like a scroll with ribbon.
Sep 1, 2015
My church did these to raise funds for our outreach program, we sold out! If doing this don't forget the cost of the jar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.