Chocolate-Peanut Butter Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix or devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 6 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk until blended. Stir in cake mix (batter will be thick). Fold in peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 15, 2019
This is a very good and easy dessert. My 11 year old daughter made it by herself. It is a very rich dessert so be prepared for that. Also, the bake time was much longer than indicated - had to keep an eye on it and it took about 20 minutes longer to get done.
Mar 13, 2019
Delicious, I had miniature chocolate/peanut butter cups I'd bought at the Mennonite store that I used instead of chopping up large peanut butter cups. Also, left off the peanuts on top and just sprinkled on a few more miniature peanut butter cups. So good!
Mar 10, 2019
Good ... definitely a keeper. However, I did have to bake it longer than the 20-25 minutes suggested.
Jan 10, 2019
My Husband and my future son in-law love chocolate