Apple Snickerdoodle Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups sliced, peeled tart apple (about 8 medium)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (17.9 ounces) snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss apples with sugars and fruit juices; spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Place cookie mix in a bowl; stir in contents of cinnamon-sugar packet. Sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with butter. Top with pecans.
- Bake until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2017
Mar 4, 2017
I tried this recipe & was disappointed with the results. I followed the recipe as printed and used the appropriate pan size. However, the filling spilled over into the bottom of my oven. The half cup of butter was insufficient to cover the cookie mixture. It was very dry. So I melted additional butter to drizzle over the cookie mix; then cooked the cake for an additional 10 minutes. I had planned to take this dessert to my church for coffee refreshments. I left it in the oven with the heat turned off in hopes of the top becoming crisp like the cookies. I have made a lot of snickerdoodle cookies over the years, but never had the failure this batch caused me.
Feb 17, 2017
While I wouldn't call this a cake, I will call it delicious! I didn't peel the apples as I never peel apples for a dessert. It may not look as pretty, but none of the nutrients are lost.