Dutch Oven Chocolate Dump Cake
Looking for a quick dessert that will make people think you spent all day in the kitchen? This Dutch oven dump cake will wow your guests. Feel free to use your favorite pie filling in place of cherry. — Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep Time: 5 min. Bake time: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 4-quart Dutch oven with parchment paper; lightly spray with cooking spray.Combine pie filling and evaporated milk; spread pie into bottom of Dutch oven. Sprinkle with cake mix (unprepared) and almonds; drizzle with butter. Bake, covered, until cake springs back when touched, 35-40 minutes. If desired, serve with ice cream.