Pressure-Cooker Chocolate-Apricot Dump Cake
Years ago, I used to prepare a dessert similar to this in the oven. Oh, it was so good. I converted it to my Instant Pot and now we can enjoy it quickly. Try it also with white cake mix and blueberry pie filling. Best served warm with ice cream or whipped cream.—Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. + standing
- 1 can (21 ounces) apricot or peach pie filling
- 2 cups devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Spread pie filling in the bottom of a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix, pecans and if desired, chocolate chips. Dot with butter. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 35 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Press cancel. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes. If desired, serve warm cake with ice cream.