Pressure Cooker Molten Mocha Cake
When I first made my decadent chocolate cake, my husband's and daughter's expressions said it all. She says it's one of her "most favorites." Later, I took one of these to our next-door neighbors. Their teenage son, who answered the door, ate the whole thing without telling anyone else about it! —Aimee Fortney, Fairview, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream, optional
- Pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover loosely with foil to prevent moisture from getting into dish. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs. If desired, serve warm cake with berries and ice cream.
Test Kitchen tips
Originally published as Molten Mocha Cake in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.