Pressure Cooker Molten Mocha Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream, optional
- Pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover loosely with foil to prevent moisture from getting into dish. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs. If desired, serve warm cake with berries and ice cream.
Test Kitchen tips
Feb 26, 2019
I have made this many times, it is so delicious! I do suggest to stick with regular cocoa, not black cocoa-the kind for Oreos (I tried that once). Also do not use a bowl that is more narrow at the bottom, it doesn't come out as nice as a bowl that is a true circle and same depth throughout.