Slow-Cooker Strawberry Pudding Cake
This recipe was created because of my love of strawberry cheesecake. I had these ingredients in my pantry and thought I'd give it a whirl. Wow, the flavors are just like strawberry cheesecake, only in a warm, comforting cake version. It's a whole lot easier than making cheesecake, too! —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.40 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups toasted coconut marshmallows, quartered
- Optional: Strawberry ice cream topping and sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour over pudding layer.
- Cook, covered, on low until edges of cake are golden brown (center will be moist), about 4 hours.
- Remove slow cooker insert; sprinkle cake with marshmallows. Let cake stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream topping and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 377 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Strawberry Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019