Hot Milk Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 254 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 27, 2019
<p>good <a href="https://scoopkeeda.com/video-banane-wala-apps-download/" target="_blank">information</a> I need deep recipe about this</p>
Feb 10, 2019
This is an excellent cake. Made it just as recipe instructed. You need to have oven preheated when making this cake. It needs to go into the oven as quickly as possible, while the batter is still warm. I think it rises better that way.
Dec 28, 2018
Quick and easy to make. I used chai instead of milk to turn it into a chai cake. I added some spices with the dry ingredients too. It's a bit sweet, so I paired it with a less sweet icing. I think cream cheese icing or icing made of instant pudding mix and thickened cream would be nice.
Mar 25, 2018
This cake is so easy to make! It's top off a meal nicely. Old-fashioned goodness!!
Jan 10, 2018
My mother made this when I was growing up in the '30s & '40s; her recipe is almost exactly the same as this one. She filled the layers and topped the cake with what I know now was a thick lemon curd. Delicious!
Nov 6, 2017
This recipe has become a family favorite. I'm making it today for my daughter's 22nd birthday. When I told her, she was overjoyed! This cake is absolutely delicious. No frosting at all. It's so quick to make that I can throw it into the oven after dinner, and have a delicious dessert in no time. I don't let it cool too much, because we think it tastes best when it is hot.
Jul 19, 2017
Made this cake. It was great. Topped it with brown sugar frosting. Everyone loves it. Everyone must try brown sugar frosting. Just cut the powdered sugar in half and it has the perfect amount of sweetness.
May 22, 2017
Wow! I was very impressed with the texture and taste of this cake. It was great served with fresh fruit and next time I may serve it with lemon curd. Sooo easy !!
Apr 19, 2017
I just tried it and it is amazing, however I used self-raising flour and baking powder and it came soft like a chiffon cake. Simply amazing
Jan 16, 2017
I have made this cake for years as my base for Trifle. I split the cake in half and place in bottom of glass bowl, sprinkle with a liqueur that matches my fruit, cover with jam or cooked fruit, add pudding and repeat layers then cover with sweetened whipped cream. It always disappears quickly.