Hot Milk Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 254 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 2, 2019
good, amazing and fun
Sep 15, 2019
This cake was a bit too sweet on its own for me, Maybe I didn’t incorporate the sugar enough, will definitely try again though as it’s a great tasting cake. With this sweet batch I ended up layering it with thickened cream and coffee and made a “tiramisu” it was delicious!
Sep 13, 2019
Sep 7, 2019
Aug 29, 2019
Loved it. 2nd time I varied the recipe a little: more vanilla and 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 and 1/2 instead of milk, beat the whites, replaced the white volume with water to make the batter, folded in the whites. It’s just as delicious, but substantially lighter with out losing the creamy ness.
Jul 30, 2019
I live in Colorado at high altitude
Jun 26, 2019
My cake didn't rise. Isn't baking soda needed for helping to rise? I didn't see that in the receipe
Mar 27, 2019
<p>good <a href="https://scoopkeeda.com/video-banane-wala-apps-download/" target="_blank">information</a> I need deep recipe about this</p>
Feb 10, 2019
This is an excellent cake. Made it just as recipe instructed. You need to have oven preheated when making this cake. It needs to go into the oven as quickly as possible, while the batter is still warm. I think it rises better that way.
Dec 28, 2018
Quick and easy to make. I used chai instead of milk to turn it into a chai cake. I added some spices with the dry ingredients too. It's a bit sweet, so I paired it with a less sweet icing. I think cream cheese icing or icing made of instant pudding mix and thickened cream would be nice.