- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scald milk by bringing it almost to a boil; set aside to cool. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; stir in vanilla. Gradually add sugar, blending well. On low speed, alternately mix in milk and dry ingredients. Pour batter into a greased 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet.
- Bake until cake springs back when lightly touched, 25-30 minutes. Remove cake and preheat broiler. Combine all topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake. Broil 5 in. from the heat until topping bubbles and turns golden brown. Serve warm.
1 slice: 349 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.