Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
Makesabout 6 cups
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Pound cake or ice cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and cornstarch; pour over fruit. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook, covered, on low until fruit is tender, 3-4 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with cake or ice cream.
Mar 24, 2019
Delicious as an ice cream topping; and as an oatmeal topping. I left out the lemon juice; and used cinnamon instead of the sticks. Thank you, Doris, for sharing this recipe.
Aug 11, 2016
i really liked this topping. i used it on waffles and it was a huge success. plan to make it again.