Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping
You'll quickly warm up to the old-fashioned taste of this cinnamon-apple topping. Spoon it over vanilla ice cream or slices of pound cake. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
Makesabout 6 cups
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Pound cake or ice cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and cornstarch; pour over fruit. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
- Cook, covered, on low until fruit is tender, 3-4 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with cake or ice cream.
Originally published as Fruit Dessert Topping in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.