Upside-Down Peach Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 14, 2019
A friend of mine invited my husband and I to lunch at her house. She didn't want me to bring anything but because I had fresh peaches I decided to make this cake. Is absolutely delicious and so easy to make.There wasn't a crumb left. Thanks for this wonderful and easy recipe.
Aug 31, 2019
I made this recipe with the last 4 peaches off the tree for the season. Had peach pie, peach cobbler already and was looking for something different. This takes the "cake". A delicious use of peaches. I was wondering if other fruit could be substituted and if yes would you still use the brown sugar or or something else? Examples, cherries or apples.
Jul 31, 2019
I finally made this trecipw today since we got plenty of peaches from our tree, I was shocked how good it was the cake is super moist, lighy and so much flavor! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Love it!
Jun 26, 2019
What a great cake everyone loved it. Going to make this again and again.
Mar 14, 2019
This was very good! I had to use canned peaches because that is all I had on hand. I will definitely be making this again.
Oct 31, 2016
First time receipe, came out perfect. Cake was moist and white peaches were so sweet. I had a bunch of sweet, ripe white peaches so this recipe was great. Super easy and very yummy. I wish icould post a picture because it was beautiful!
Aug 11, 2016
This cake is very delicious , I used 1/2 cup of cashew milk in place of regular milk to give it a little nut flavor. My family loves this cake.
Aug 7, 2016
Absolutely fantastic and easy to make....hubby said it was better than $9 peach cake bought from local scratch bakery....
Jul 17, 2016
I had a craving for something with almond flavoring and a stack of peaches to use up, so I made this recipe but substituted the vanilla with almond extract at a 1 for 1 ratio. It was DELICIOUS! So easy! Thanks!
Jun 26, 2016
Delicious! Easy to make. Will make it again. Looks beautiful.