Upside-Down Peach Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2016
First time receipe, came out perfect. Cake was moist and white peaches were so sweet. I had a bunch of sweet, ripe white peaches so this recipe was great. Super easy and very yummy. I wish icould post a picture because it was beautiful!
Aug 11, 2016
This cake is very delicious , I used 1/2 cup of cashew milk in place of regular milk to give it a little nut flavor. My family loves this cake.
Aug 7, 2016
Absolutely fantastic and easy to make....hubby said it was better than $9 peach cake bought from local scratch bakery....
Jul 17, 2016
I had a craving for something with almond flavoring and a stack of peaches to use up, so I made this recipe but substituted the vanilla with almond extract at a 1 for 1 ratio. It was DELICIOUS! So easy! Thanks!
Jun 26, 2016
Delicious! Easy to make. Will make it again. Looks beautiful.
Feb 28, 2016
I followed the recipe to a tee and still turned out really doughy and had no rise to it. Would not recommend.
Sep 14, 2015
This cake looks and tastes like you spent alot of time and preparation, but is so simple to make. As other reviews said, no problem flipping, and getting out of the pan. Just the right amount of butter and brown sugar. Not overly oily and sweet, perfection. !!
Sep 1, 2015
Delicious! Just as good as pineapple upside down cake! My husband doesn't care for peaches but he likes this cake!
Aug 8, 2015
Absolutely delicious and easy to make! It's a bit of a fusion between monkey bread and peach cobbler. The cake is lighter so it balances well with the heavier peach and brown sugar top (which I added a touch of cinnamon too!). I'll definitely make this again!
Jul 29, 2015
This cake is delicious and very easy to make! No problems getting it out of the pan. Substituted almond extract for vanilla.