Cake with Peaches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) peach yogurt
- Additional drained diced peaches, if desired
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. Cut peaches into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, peach juice mixture, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the whipped topping and yogurt; fold in reserved peaches. Spread topping between layers and over top of cake. Garnish with additional diced peaches if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 265 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 27, 2017
I used fresh peaches, so I didn't have juice from the canned to add to the cake batter. Instead I used apricot nectar- no water added. I used peach Greek yogurt in the filling. It turned out great! Not overly sweet following a meal. The family all gave compliments. I will make this again.
Oct 31, 2015
I discovered this recipe more than 13 years ago on the back of the yellow cake mix I bought. I made it several times until I moved out of state and lost the recipe. I searched and searched and was very happy to have found it again. Every time I make this, it's a big hit. I make a little extra whipped topping for those who want to add a little more to their personal slice of cake. Make this easy recipe and people will think you're a culinary genius.
Sep 12, 2014
So easy! Was very happy with the yummy outcome considering the easy prep.
Mar 19, 2014
Great and moist my kids love it
Jun 16, 2013
This is a magical cake...
Sep 12, 2012
It was okay
Apr 12, 2012
Awesome Recipe!! Loved it..
Apr 6, 2012
Apr 5, 2012
The cake was moist and delicious. I added extra peaches to the batter. My whole family loved the light taste of the peaches. the whip cream with yogurt was a wonderful touch. We will definitely make this again.
Mar 21, 2012
Lovely cake, will definitely make again. Next time I won't use so much peach yogurt (the topping wasn't firm enough) and/or I'll use a 9x13 pan and frost it in the pan.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.