Southern Peach Upside Down Cake
A dear friend from the South gave me the idea for this peachy cake. I add bourbon and top each slice with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream. —Trista Jefferson, Batavia, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, optional
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. If desired, in a small bowl, combine peaches and bourbon; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1/4 cup butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven 5-7 minutes or until butter is melted. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange peach slices over brown sugar.
- For batter, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined. Spread batter evenly over peaches.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 306 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon Peach Upside Down Cake in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.