Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 canned peach halves, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Ice cream, optional
- Place peaches, cut side up, in a 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, orange zest and allspice; sprinkle over peaches. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. If desired, serve warm topped with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 186 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 13, 2012
Delicious! I used fresh peaches (skin on) since they're in season. I skipped the orange peel and subbed pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon (liberally) and some vanilla extract. I cooke 6 halves at 350° for 25 minutes. We all (me, hubby, 4-year-old, -year-old) all loved it. I'll definitely make it again this summer!
Aug 7, 2012
I'm making these for the third night IN A ROW! Oh yeah, they're that good!
Oct 9, 2010
I first tried this recipe with fresh peaches when the local peaches were in season. I made it as a side dish/salad without the ice cream (alas!). It was exquisite. I did not peel the peaches, and I baked them for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I substituted ground ginger for the allspice once, but I much preferred the recipe with allspice. Be careful not to bake the peaches too long or they become mushy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.