Pressure-Cooker Lava Cake
Because I love chocolate, this decadent cake has long been a family favorite. It's even great cold the next day—assuming you have any leftovers! — Farrell, Hamilton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa; stir in hot water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted in cake portion should come out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 208 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lucious Chocolate Lava Cake in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.