Pressure-Cooker Lava Cake
Because I love chocolate, this decadent cake has long been a family favorite. It's even great cold the next day—assuming you have any leftovers! — Farrell, Hamilton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- Optional toppings: Fresh raspberries and ice cream
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa; stir in hot water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted in cake portion should come out clean. If desired, serve with optional raspberries and ice cream.