Molten Mocha Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries, optional
- Whisk together first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Serve warm. If desired, serve with ice cream and raspberries.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 482 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 10, 2020
Who has a 1 1/2 qt slow cooker? Most recipes call for a 4-6 qt. Disappointed. I really wanted to try this.
Nov 11, 2016
Mar 6, 2016
We really liked this recipe. I made the mistake of leaving the leftover in the crock and put in the refrigerator. The next day I couldn't get it out of the crock without a lot of work. Oops! Will definite make it again and wll put the leftovers in a proper storage container.
Feb 22, 2016
Very nice especially on a busy, cold day.
Jul 13, 2015
Loved by all!
Jun 1, 2015
This cake was delicious. We topped ours with whipped cream. But it's so rich and moist it doesn't require any topping. I didn't think the mocha taste was overpowering, which was perfect for my kids.
Feb 20, 2015
Love this recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe calls except I omitted the coffee. I make it when I need something fast, easy and chocolate. My family loves it.