Slow-Cooker Tropical Orange Cake
Inspired by the fruity tropical flavors of my all-time favorite yogurt, this makes for a fresh, fun and comforting treat. Try it for a beautiful dessert that is ridiculously easy to prepare! —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 package orange cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups toasted coconut marshmallows, quartered
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, folding pineapple into batter. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until edges of cake are golden brown, about 4 hours.
- Remove slow-cooker insert; sprinkle cake with marshmallows. Let cake stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 518 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Tropical Orange Cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.